Friday, October 16, 2009

And Away We Go!

And I mean that literally: Away we go! When I called Maggie the other day and joked with her that I was going to have to "quit my job and become a full-time 'Ms. Maggie Manager' I had no idea what God really had in mind for me. Only a few days later, for "budgetary reasons" I was again laid off from a promising job, and I was on the phone whining via text message to Maggie. I quite sarcastically asked if she wasn't sure that she didn't need someone with exactly my set of skills and talents working for her. Well, today she asked me to help her "manage" the triathlon and sports oriented side of Mac's foundation.

This blog will be a place for the kids on "Team TRI Mac" to post their training goals and schedules; pictures; thoughts, feelings and fears; events and event wrap-up stories. In general, it will be all about the athletes and their stories and how they are keeping the memory of Mac alive.

I just wanted to give you a brief intro to what will be going on here. My and Maggie's hope is that this will be a great outlet for them to get the word out that big things are happening in the Big Bend Area done be not always so big people.

Catch ya later! Gotta get someone to swim practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mac Crutchfield Invitational

Mac Crutchfield Invitational
January/February 2009